Clamshell mode issues with my MBA

Czyli dział, w którym dziedzina tematu nie ma znaczenia.

Postprzez blaise84 » 6 kwi 2019, o 00:45

Hi guys,

I have an Early 2014 Macbook Air 13 inch (Sierra 10.12.6) connected to my LG 43uc99 external monitor connected via a miniDP to DP adapter, and stock DP to DP cable that came with the LG monitor at purchase. I have an issue in that I'm not able to activate clamshell mode - when i close the lid, the external monitor goes blank and loses signal, which leaves me no choice but to leave the MBA's lid open to use the external monitor. I have my external keyboard connected via USB cable to my laptop, my wireless mouse connected using a USB dongle plugged to my laptop, and power AC connected (Side note: i can still connect my external display to my laptop without plugging the power A/C even though every article i read online says it has to be connected for external monitor setup to work.)

I've scoured the internet for fixes, but none seemed to be working;
1. going into Energy Saver option in System Preferences and making sure the 'Turn display off after' dial is at 'Never'

2. resetting my PRAM

3. downloaded NoSleep and InsomniaX apps, but both doesn't seem to be working either.

4. Tried using Terminal to disable my internal display, by typing in 'sudo nvram boot-args="iog0x0", but returns an error.

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums

whiteboard video producers
blaise84
MotoManiak
MotoManiak

Pojazdy: EON

Postprzez Pani Kontekstowa » 6 kwi 2019, o 00:45

Pani Kontekstowa

Powrót do Off-topic